Good Friday 2014 has been and gone but our project lingers on!
This Easter’s project was a painting of a different kind – our 29 year old front veranda.
First the old canvas had to be stripped back – a load chain, a 4WD, a mattock, a hose, a wire brush and muscle power helped get the job done.
We felt nervous about the choice of colour, ‘Headland Red’, but it would match the windows and garage doors we’d already done in the hope that it would help to make our dark brick, dark tiled roof house look more homely.
Yes, a definite improvement. It took at least 60 hours of painting effort to put two coats on the front balustrade, roof bearer, downpipes and gutters. Just as well we’re happy with the result.
When the garden bed in front is prepared and mass planted with native grasses behind a blue flowering ground cover it will look great! Perhaps more pots on the veranda too.
First though, the side veranda needs attention – feeling happy that it’s half the size of the front one! Feeling happy too that the paint we used is guaranteed to last as long as we live here!! We need never paint it again. Ha! Unless we change our mind about the colour…
PS I have had a drawing project on the go too – when I just had to sit down for a while. A subject for another day.