March lived up to Charles Dickens’s description of March, “…summer in the light, winter in the shade”, for us in more ways than one. The month was full of swings from high to low in terms of hopes, dreams, energy and happenings as well as in weather. My collage for the month records this.
You may be able to detect that we had some happy times with family, enjoyed visiting Sculptures By the Sea at Cottesloe and were busy preparing to go on a 6 month long caravan trip.
As part of the preparation I started writing a recipe book to take with us. I also developed some ideas for illustrating the recipes – learning to use Photoshop Elements to change the backgrounds to my sketches in the process!
Other photos record:
- the last of the Experimental Drawing classes I attended ( spot the collaged long faced self portrait!).
- the hanging of the crop circle inspired plaques made by my potter friend Brenda.
- the drought breaking rain on the 19th – more than 40ml in a couple of hours!
- the variety of birds that dine with us.
- the beauty of the bush that surrounds us.
- sad news.
- “Round, like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel, within a wheel…” – Alan & Marilyn Bergman
As we begin a new month I wonder if I deserve Ambrose’s definition…
April fool, n. The March fool with another month added to his folly.
~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil’s Dictionary